Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turtles laying their eggs

This year is the first time I've witnessed Turtles laying their eggs. I've seen them sun bathing on rocks and tree branches in the Water and i once helped a Baby turtle to get to the Lake. So i knew the turtles have to lay their eggs somewhere. We have a new Building on our property...a Barn...and there is still some dirt around from building this Barn. Now my Mother in Law discovers turtles every day. I think they love the location. Looks like every Mother Turtle goes there now. They come up to the House and digg holes and lay their eggs. I'm very exited about it. Around the Barn i discovered several places that look like Turtle nests. Good thing i know a Wildlife Ecologist who can tell me when to look for the Baby's to emerge.

Eastern Painted Turtle


I'm very exited to show off those Pictures! I've bin waiting to get one of those in front of my Camera :-)
Finally...a Snapping Turtle!
Not the biggest I've seen, but it was a good size! They look like little dinosaurs! She was also laying her eggs...and then i followed her. She knew i was there. She sometimes stopped and gassed over at me. I used my big zoom lens so i was able to not go to close to get great pictures. She wanted to get to the Lake as fast as possible.




time to go

I see you!







I want to the Water!

Those gees where funny. I did see them by the Water, and they saw me...but they where more interested to watch the turtle.

Soon she's in the Water




The closer the turtle came to the water the closer came those two gees. I thought they would go away and be scared! But not those two!

there the turtle is swimming of and is scared of the gees! They looked like they want to have a fight with the turtle! I was surprised about it!



They look....

and look....

....hmmmmm is it gone?...

...well i don't see it anymore!...

Ha ha ha ha ha...this was so funny to photograph! I loved it! I guess Gees don't like Turtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment