Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sesame Seed Bread



I've been baking my own Bread since the beginning of the year. I enjoy it a lot!
I took some recipes and do my own thing now. I always try different stuff. Add different grains to it.
Yesterday I made a Sesame seed Bread. It's already nearly gone. My Family loved fresh bread!
I've been asked to give out some recipes...so here it is ;-)
I always bake with ml and Kilogram. The recipe is in Kilo gram and ml. 

I like to make bread with a bit of beer. You can also take Milk to get the Yeast going, but I do most times beer.
~100 ml beer.
~1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon yeast                     
 put all of this together and stir it and let it stand about 10 min. until it is foaming.

Until it foams you can get the Bowl with the Flower ready and the Water.


-Between 250 and 300 ml lukewarm Water with one tablespoon Oil. (any kind)
-425 g unbleached Flour
-50 g Flax seed meal
-25 g sesame seeds
-1 1/2 - 2 teaspoon salt 
(you end up with  500g. I always change the amount of how much I add grains to it. I sometimes put less then 400g white flour and mix some whole wheat flour to it.)

Make a hole in the flour and put the Water and the Beer/yeast mix into the bowl.  

I always stir the liquit with the flower together in the bowl with my hand.
 
Then put it on a clean surface to knead it 10 min long. Have some Flower close so that you always can add more if it starts to get to sticky. 


 You can now put your Dough back into the Bowl. Dust the bowl with flower first.
 I always cover the bowl with Clear Foil (maybe put some Flower on top of your dough, so if it reaches the foil, it does not stick to it)
Let it stand for about an hour. Let it grow now double or more its size.
Then take it out the bowl and make it flat. and the role it up.

 You wet your Hands with Water and wet the Dough roll. That way it does not dry out while resting.
 Put Sesame seed on it.
 Let it rest now under a kitchen towel for about 30 min.
 You can preheat your oven in that time. 230°C
 Bake it at 230°C (446°F) for 10min and then lower the temp to 180°C (356°F). finish baking for about 25min. It has to get a nice brown color. You can also knock on the bottom side of the bread to see if it's done. It should sound hollow.
                                                                   Enjoy!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment